Monday, March 21, 2011

26 - Cheese

So desperately concerned with the
fate of the cheese
he mewls a plea;
this from the mute cat.

Okay okay so a little info on this one.  I have four cats I affectionately refer to as 'The Pride', one of which has been a silent addition to my family since I bottle fed him. The only noises he has every made were truly no more than a crooning noise made with his mouth closed and a slight up lift of his chest.  He yelped once when I set a chair down on his foot accidentally, however no other sounds have ever really come from him.  I was cutting a brick of cheese today for supper and I had him and another cat watching intently.  He meowed, and it took me a minute to realize that raspy, half-dead noise had come from him.  I was absolutely amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment